Week of May 20, 2018
Please continue to pray that Chester, Louie, Lilly, and Lucy will be adopted by families who can show them God’s love. Also pray that people’s hearts are led towards adoption and that government regulations don’t discourage them.
- Notice to all women planning to participate in the Ladies’ Prayer Partner Ministry: Please bring your completed sign-up sheets to Rhonda next Sunday. (You can e-mail them to her if necessary.)
- The Walk for Life for the Care Clinic will be held on June 2. People are needed to walk and/or donate. The Baby Bottle fundraiser will be held in June. Contact Jenny Lindsey for more information.
- We will be going to a morning service (11:00 am) beginning on June 3. Sunday School will be canceled for the summer. It will resume in September.
- Adult Sunday School: There is an adult Sunday School class that meets at 3:00 pm Sundays in the office. We are going through the “Homes of Honor” video series. This class is for all adults who wish to attend. It is on Biblical principles for developing stronger relationships, whether married or single.
- We are looking for volunteers interested in serving in a funeral ministry. Speak to an elder if interested.
- We are looking for people interested in serving with the mission’s coordinators. Speak to an elder if interested.
- The elder’s meetings will be held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month at 5:30 pm.
- The men’s Bible Study will be held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month at 6:00 pm at the church. Contact Steve Laurin if interested.
- The teens are saving receipts for Econo Foods. If you have any to donate please put them in the container near the offering box.
- Handyman Ministry: Any men who would like to serve in this ministry should contact Troy Zorn. You can also contact Troy if you need help or know someone who needs help.
- There is a calendar of church activities posted on the bulletin board over the drinking fountain.
- For those who would like to use the church WiFi, the password is PraiseGod.
- Contact Barb Robey to put a prayer request on our prayer chain.
- Week of May 20-26 – Church is cleaned during “Spring Clean-up”
- Friday, May 25 – 4:30 pm – Mountain Biking. See Mitch or Elyse Gregg for more info.
- Saturday, May 26 – 3:00 – Spring Clean-up and bonfire.
- Week of May 27-June 2 – Team 3 cleans the church. Team 3 consists of the Lindsey, Holt, and Spade families.
- Sunday, June 3 – 11:00 am service begins (no Sunday School for summer; resumes September)
- Tuesday, June 5 – 6:00 pm – Men’s Bible Study
- Sunday, June 10 – potluck after service
- Tuesday, June 19 – 6:00 pm – Men’s Bible Study
- Saturday, June 23 – 10:00 am- Mountain Biking. See Mitch or Elyse Gregg for more info.
- Monday, July 16 – order deadline for group food purchasing from Country Life Natural Foods. Contact Karen or Barb.
Being a good steward of what I have.
Save for the future.
Spend money wisely.
Make good use of what I already have.
Repair, Reuse, and Recycle.
Find ways to give.
————————————————————————————————————For further study of Revelation 8:3 – 11:19
- Read Exodus chapters 6-15, what similarities do you see between this section of Exodus and Revelation 8:3- 11:19?
- What similarities do you find in the situation of the Israelite’s in Exodus and the Christians in Revelation?
- With your children, talk about how sin has consequences but through Jesus our sins are forgiven and those in Jesus are saved from these eternal consequences. This is a good time to explain that there are bad things in the world around us and God is making all things new and that He is in control.
For next week read Revelation 12:1-14:20
- Who do you think the woman, dragon, first beast and second beast represent respectively?
- What is expected of the Son the woman gives birth to?
- What is the consequence of receiving the mark of the beast?