Week of September 16, 2018
Please continue to pray that Chester, Louie, and Lilly will be adopted by families who can show them God’s love. Also pray that people’s hearts are led towards adoption and that government regulations don’t discourage them.
- We are in need of someone (individual or a family) to join one of the teams who clean the church. Please contact Heather Titus if you are able to help. (Each team cleans the church only every six weeks.)
- For those who would like to participate, we will be reading through the New Testament together as a church. There will be weekly reading posts and conversations on our Facebook page. The weekly readings will also be in the bulletin and e-letter. Please consider reading along. This week’s reading is Matthew, chapters 11-15.
- The WinSome Women Retreat will be October 16 & 17, 17 & 18, or 18 & 19 at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. It will feature Alan & Lisa Robertson, Michele Pillar and Point of Grace. If you would like to learn of God’s faithfulness and abundant love you can register for this retreat at wswretreats.org. 9/16 Update: Possibly the only available session is the one on Oct. 17 & 18. Contact JoAnn Olivier for more information.
- There will be a women’s Bible Study starting Tuesday, October 9 at 6:00 pm. It will be held the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month. They will be using the book “Finding I Am” by Lysa TerKeurst. Please contact JoAnn Olivier or Rachael Laurin if you plan to attend so they can get a count for the books.
- The men’s Bible Study will be held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month at 6:00 pm at the church. Contact Steve Laurin if interested.
- The teens are saving receipts for Econo Foods. If you have any to donate please put them in the container near the offering box.
- Handyman Ministry: Any men who would like to serve in this ministry should contact Troy Zorn. You can also contact Troy if you need help or know someone who needs help.
- There is a calendar of church activities posted on the bulletin board over the drinking fountain.
- For those who would like to use the church WiFi, the password is PraiseGod.
- Contact Barb Robey to put a prayer request on our prayer chain.
- Week of September 16-22 – Team 1 cleans the church. Team 1 consists of the Titus and M. Gregg families.
- Tuesday, September 18 – 6:00 pm – Men’s Bible Study
- Week of September 23-29 – Team 2 cleans the church. Team 2 consists of JoAnn Olivier and the Reichel and J. Gregg families.
- Tuesday, October 2 – 6:00 pm – Men’s Bible Study
- Tuesday, October 9 – 6:00 pm – Women’s Bible Study starts. “Finding I Am” by Lysa TerKeurst. Contact JoAnn Olivier or Rachael Laurin if you plan to attend or for more information.
- Sunday, October 14 – Chili Cookoff and potluck following the service.
- Tuesday, October 16 – 6:00 pm – Men’s Bible Study
- Tuesday, October 23 – 6:00 pm – Women’s Bible Study
- Monday, November 5 – order deadline for group food purchasing from Country Life Natural Foods. Contact Karen or Barb.