Week of December 9, 2018
Contact Barb Robey to put a prayer request on our prayer chain.
Please continue to pray that Chester, Louie, and Lilly will be adopted by families who can show them God’s love. Also pray that people’s hearts are led towards adoption and that government regulations don’t discourage them.
- If your child is in the Christmas program please be sure they wear the following next Sunday, December 16: Angels – white tights. Everyone else – please wear black pants or a black skirt.
- If desired please bring some treats for the fellowship after the Christmas program next Sunday.
- Ornaments4Orphans: Karen Haske is again managing this ministry. There is a tree at the back of the auditorium with ornaments made by artisans from Africa. The ornaments are for sale and the proceeds are used to combat the global orphan crisis by helping the artisans provide for their families. The prices are posted on the wall by the tree and in other places. Please give Karen cash or a check made out to “Karen Haske”.
- We will be having two Christmas Eve Services this year. Jacobetti – 1:30 pm, “Our Building” Service: 6:30 pm on Monday, December 24. This service will be for our church with our families and any guests.
- There will be NO POTLUCK for the month of December.
- JoAnn Olivier and Todd Burns are in charge of the Funeral Committee. If you are willing to help when the need arises (possibly make food, serve food, set up tables, etc.) please tell JoAnn or Todd.
- Mike Wilkins teaches the adult Bible Study on Sunday mornings. He is using the book “The Celebration of Discipline”. To prepare for next Sunday, Dec. 16, please read chapter 3.
- We are reading through the New Testament together. This week’s reading is John 3-7. See our Facebook page and join the conversation.
- The women’s Bible Study will be held the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month at 6:00 pm at the church. Contact JoAnn Olivier or Rachael Laurin with any questions.
- The men’s Bible Study will be held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month at 6:00 pm at the church. Contact Wayne Haske with any questions.
- The teens are saving receipts for Econo Foods. If you have any to donate please put them in the container near the offering box.
- Handyman Ministry: Any men who would like to serve in this ministry should contact Troy Zorn. You can also contact Troy if you need help or know someone who needs help.
- There is a calendar of church activities posted on the bulletin board over the drinking fountain.
- For those who would like to use the church WiFi, the password is PraiseGod.
- NO POTLUCK THE MONTH OF DECEMBER
- Week of December 9-15 – Team 6 cleans the church. Team 6 consists of Lauren Slack and the Todd Burns family.
- Tuesday, December 11 – 6:00 pm -Women’s Bible Study (book- “Finding I Am”)
- Saturday, December 15 – 10:00 am – Dress rehearsal for Christmas program. Pizza to follow.
- Sunday, December 16 – 10:00 am – Practice for Christmas Program
- Sunday, December 16 – 11:00 am – Christmas Program
- Week of December 16-22 – Team 1 cleans the church. Team 1 consists of the Titus and M. Gregg families.
- Tuesday, December 18 – 6:00 pm – Men’s Bible Study (O.T./N.T. Correlation)
- Monday, December 24 – 1:30 pm – Christmas Eve service at Jacobetti Home for Veterans. Arrive at 1:00 if you want to help bring veterans to the service. Tell one of the elders if you plan to attend as they are keeping a list of those to expect. This service is mainly for the veterans.
- Monday, December 24 – 6:30 pm – our church building. Christmas Eve Service for our church with our families and guests.
- Monday, January 7, 2019 – order deadline for group food purchasing from Country Life Natural Foods. Contact Karen or Barb.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 – 6:00 pm -Women’s Bible Study (book- “Finding I Am”)
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 – 6:00 pm – Men’s Bible Study (O.T./N.T. Correlation)